Tag Archives: Cold War

Peace Garden is Symbol of Freedom: Where is this in Downtown Syracuse?

Thanks to a Berlin native Elsa Kohl, Stephen Hadley and a Community Foundation donor, a “Peace Garden” is just behind the Museum of Science and Technology (MoST) on Franklin Street in Downtown Syracuse. The Community Foundation is pleased to assist in memorializing this piece of history. After escaping from politically unstable Berlin in 1953, Elsa Kohl and her husband, Harry,

Read more