Grant Opportunity Now Available
The Central New York Community Foundation is pleased to announce a grant opportunity offering grants of up to $20,000 in the areas of interest to the J. Henry & Martha E. DeBoer, J. Daniel & Diane Pluff, and Dorothy F. Shoudy Funds.
The DeBoer Fund was established in 1977 for the benefit of children living with eyesight, hearing or kidney diseases whose guardians are financially unable to provide the necessary care and treatment. The Pluff Fund was established in 2009 for the benefit of children with special needs, particularly those living with hearing loss. The Shoudy Fund was established in 2009 and provides specific assistance to the hearing impaired in Central New York.
The following list is not exhaustive, but provides examples of the types of projects that could be supported by the DeBoer, Pluff and Shoudy Funds:
• Vision or hearing testing equipment
• Grants to medical organizations to support medical, surgical or hospital care for children living with the above conditions who cannot otherwise afford it
• Adaptive equipment for the visually or hearing impaired
• Dialysis machines and equipment used by children
• Physical or other therapy related to the above disorders
• Programs related to juvenile diabetes
• Programs for hearing impaired students
• Camperships under specific circumstances (please speak with staff about this option before submitting)
• Sign language interpreters in schools and at performing arts events
Eligible organizations are encouraged to apply. Applicants should use the Community Grant application form, which can be downloaded from our website, www.cnycf.org/grants. Please note that organizations with an open community grant are ineligible for this grant program.
Completed applications must be received by 4:30pm on Friday, February 21, 2014, or e-mailed to email@example.com. Final decisions will be made March 19, 2014. If you have any questions, please feel free to call David Kilpatrick at 315-883-5555.